Welcome to the Laurelwood community page. Below are some of our favorite local spots in the area we hope that you enjoy!
Steamtown National Historic Site, Lahey Family Fun Park, Lakawana River Heritage Trail, Montage Mountain Ski Resort, Frances Slocum State Park, PNC Field, Everhart Museum, Houdini Museum, Pinchot State Forest, Lakawanna State Park, Roba Family Farms
Food & Drink
Impanema Grille, Bar Pazzo, Savory Maza, A little Pizza Heaven, Sidell's, Posh, Italo's, Thai Rak Thai, Yume Sushi, Cooper's Seafood House
Breweries, Wineries, and Pubs
Nimble Hill Winery and Brewery, Iron Hart Brewing, Jack's Draft House, Lucchi Family Winery
The Market place at Steamtown, The Shoppes at Montage, Viewmont Mall, Co-Op Farmers Market, Dunnmore Farmers Market, Miller's Orchard Farm Market, Scranton Public Market
Laurelwood is located in the Abington Heights School District. Some of the higher education options in the area include: The University of Scranton, Lakawanna College, Marywood University, and Penn Foster.
Check below for Announcements, Local Events, and our popular Resident Events
Helpful links for assistance during COVID-19
Dear RP Residents,
We would like to provide you with this helpful link below from PAA that provides multiple resources for those of you requiring assistance during this pandemic. The link offers resources for food, etc., and offers answers to many frequently asked questions. PAA is a trusted source in our industry and we hope you find this information helpful.
Resident Update on COVID-19 and your RP Apartment Community
We are writing to you because we value the health and well-being of all residents and your families. RP Management, Inc. would like to remind you of the additional precautions as designated by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in the event you have been exposed to COVID-19.
The CDC recommends if you have possibly been exposed to COVID-19 and develop symptoms; fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, you should contact your healthcare provider for medical advice.
RP Management, Inc. is working with local, state and national health agencies on prevention and management in the event of an outbreak in our apartment communities. Our company follows local, state, and national healthcare expert guidance and recommendations. We are sharing this information so you are aware and can help reduce the spread of infection. According to the CDC, the best ways to reduce the risk of getting this or any viral infection include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces
- Stay at home away from others if you are sick
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands
- Do not go into public spaces if you have cold or flu-like symptoms (elevated temperature, fever, cough, shortness of breath)
- Practice social distancing by maintaining a safe distance from other (a minimum of 6 feet is recommended)
- Limit the guests that you invite to your apartment to prevent the spread of COVID-19